Featured Post

About Me and My Blog

Hello, my name is Juliet Marvelli. I am in high school, and I want to be a movie critic when I get older, so I figured I would get a head st...

Monday, August 8, 2016

Suicide Squad

Anyone who had gone on the internet any time six months prior to the release knows that there was a lot of hype for Suicide Squad. That being said, although the reviews after the premier hadn’t been great, I had high expectations walking into the (practically empty) theater. I will start by saying, I am not a huge DC fan. I definitely prefer Marvel. Especially after the flop that was Batman Vs. Superman, I had sort of lost hope for DC. But, my thoughts were altered just for this movie, because not only of the attention it was receiving, but because it had an amazing soundtrack. I walked into the theater with high hopes and walked out without disappointment. The acting was pretty good, the plot was pretty good, the production was pretty good, and the film overall was pretty good. I liked how the characters and their backgrounds were introduced: not too lengthy but not too quick, and the text written out with their descriptions gave the comic book feel. Margot Robbie gave a wonderful performance of Harley Quinn; she was psychotic-cute and the comic relief, and I found myself sympathizing with her when mourning the Joker. Another mentionable performance was by Jay Hernandez. I walked in expecting much from Margot Robbie, Will Smith, and interested to see what Jared Leto did with the Joker, but I found myself focusing on Hernandez’s Diablo. The character was well written and well acted. Overall, I was pleased with Suicide Squad, and I’m hoping DC will keep up the good work when it comes to Wonder Woman.

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was a bit lengthy, mostly in the 2nd half of the film, and the final battle scene had too much of a "Ghostbusters" feel for my liking, but do agree that it was a very entertaining film with Robbie giving a standout performance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this film yet, but I enjoyed this review immensely! Great job. Can't wait to see more (reviews and films!) soon. I

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see a review by a teenager, the target audience for this movie! Insightful yet to the point. PS I enjoyed the soundtrack too

    ReplyDelete